What is state failure? See my conceptualisation of state failure on the right flank below.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Comeback, and quote of the day

For all those who are still taking a look at this blog every now and then after a long period of silence from me: this is a tentative comeback post. The reason I stayed away from writing here was simply that I needed a break, and that at the same time I had all sorts of other things to work on.
For now, without writing something very profound rightaway, here is what I have just bumped into, and may be worth sharing as a very oddly telling quote about transnationalisation.

" The latest encroachment is the Internet. (...) “It’s a great danger to be connected to the outside world,” cautions one monk. “Most of the monks weren’t even informed about 9/11.” "

The source: a monk from the mount of Athos, on a peninsula reaching into the Aegean Sea in Greece, where women are not allowed to visit since 1045.
To Afghanistan, connected we stand.

No comments: