What is state failure? See my conceptualisation of state failure on the right flank below.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Planting prime ministers...

Just like Joshua Foust one blog (and a couple of thousand kilometers) away from here, I also read the report in the Guardian saying that
"The US and its European allies are ­preparing to plant a high-profile figure in the heart of the Kabul government in a direct challenge to the Afghan president..."
Thinking of things familiar from my country's past, such as the Brezhnev doctrine and similar stuff, I was thinking of writing comments along the lines of:
"What the %)Ü"(/ÁÖ,.-é!'+'="
But now, instead of thinking that it's all just pure nonsense, Richard Holbrooke's words made me realise something. He said, of the article in the Guardian:
"It doesn't reflect any views that I am aware of in the government I work for..."
Which, along with the fact that the report came out in the Guardian, reminded me of these two pieces I wrote a while ago about British citizens of note in Afghanistan. And also of this article from last year that Registan links to. And many other things that I won't exhaustively list here.

No comments: